Happy Labor Day from the FS.M team! Are you headed to the beach, pool or a backyard BBQ this long weekend? Why not cool off with some fresh peachy potsicles? Here’s a recipe we love that you should try this weekend!
You will need:
1 pound fresh, ripe peaches sliced (or canned if you’d prefer)
6 tablespoons Canna-Honey (reduce to 3 tablespoons if using canned peaches; recipe for Canna-Honey is below).
2 cups of yogurt of choice (we recommend full fat plain or vanilla – you can use dairy-free too)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven preheats, toss the sliced peaches with 2 tablespoons Canna Honey and sea salt. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until the peaches are soft and juicy. Once done baking, set aside and let the peaches cool.
- While the peaches bake, in a blender combine the yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract and remaining Canna Honey (or desired amount based on the level of sweetness you prefer). Blend until smooth. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the peaches have cooled, combine the peaches and its juice with the yogurt mixture. Gently fold together with a spoon or spatula and scoop into popsicle mold.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Run mold under warm water for a few seconds to remove, and enjoy your “potsicles”!
1 cup honey
3.5-7 grams of your choice of decarboxylated cannabis
Airtight Mason jar
- Wrap the decarboxylated cannabis in cheesecloth and tie with the string. This will make it much easier to remove the cannabis after the infusion is complete.
- In the mason jar, combine the honey and the cheesecloth with the cannabis and close the lid.
- Place a hand towel in the bottom of the crockpot underneath the jar, and add water until the jar is submerged above the honey.
- Heat the crockpot to around 200°F (93°C) and keep it on low heat for about 8 hours, giving the jar a nice jostle every hour and burp the top if you feel pressure building up.
- Carefully remove the jar from the heat, and use some tongs to extract the cheesecloth with the cannabis inside. Squeeze the rest of the honey out of the cheesecloth into the jar. Keep stored in a cool, dry location.
*Dosing amounts of cannabis are recommendations only, please consider your own consumption tolerance levels when creating canna-honey or adding it to your recipe. If you’ve made (or purchased) a strong honey, you can always cut it with un-dosed honey to reduce the potency. Remember to approach edibles with a low & slow approach, it can take 2+ hours for the effects to be felt.